Recruitment agencies in East London identify job seekers and connect them with open positions on behalf of an employer.
Agencies can be national, regional, or local in scope and have a variety of industry specializations, including, but not limited to, industrial, retail, legal, and education.
There are three primary categories of job offers;
Temporary – Jobs might range from one day of labor to full-time employment for more than a year. Each week, the candidate will complete a timesheet to document the number of hours worked.
Temp-to-Perm – This is an initial contract with the possibility of developing into a permanent position after a predetermined period of time. The contract can be terminated by either the candidate or the employer at any time.
Permanent- This type allows the candidate to become an instant employee of the employer upon recruitment.
How Recruitment Agencies Work and Why You Should Use Them
When a recruiter is given the work of finding a candidate to be employed, they immediately search their database to look for candidates with the relevant qualifications to match.
They could also do headhunting, which is to scout for already employed staff somewhere else.
As an employer, working with a recruiter will help you save time and money allowing you to focus on major issues in your firm.
As a candidate, you will have the advantage of having access to job opportunities not publicly listed. You will also have the recruitment agencies’ help in writing your resume or CV and interview advice.
The List of Recruitment Agencies in East London
In today’s article, we will explore the top recruitment agencies in East London.
Sheldon Recruitment Agency
Sectors: Not Specified
Sheldon Recruitment Agency has been recruiting for over 21 years. They serve their clients by carefully evaluating the company’s culture and need to understand what kind of candidate will fit in, that is recruitment and selection. They provide both temporary and permanent staffing. Sheldon also offers human resources solutions.
- Address: Unit A, First Floor, 14 Quenera Drive, Beacon Bay North, East London, 5205
- Phone: 043 735 1773
- Mail: [email protected]
Sectors: commerce, management, technical, financial, sales and support.
Kempston Recruitment gives opportunities in temporary, permanent and contract work. They also help their clients by properly investigating the candidate’s background including criminal records and assessment of certificates.
Kempston is also a member of the federation of African professional staffing organizations. Their head office is in East London but they also have branches to serve nationally.
- Address: 10 Dersley Street, Nahoon, East London, 5241
- Phone: 043 707 1710
Sectors: Not Specified
Profile Personnel is a top recruitment firm and HR solutions agency.
They were founded in 1997, with the aim of offering HR solutions, payroll services, labor consulting, and executive recruitment.
Their head office is in East London but has several other offices in other cities.
- Address: 25 St Helena Road Esprit House, Triple Point, Beacon Bay North, East London, 5205, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 726 0308
Drake International East London
Sectors: auto industry and others.
Drake International East London is a generalist recruitment branch, but as the area is dominated by the automotive sector, they have a strong presence in their industrial divisions.
This branch, which is conveniently located in East London, provides knowledgeable, efficient service that caters to all the companies’ staffing needs.
Their branch offers service specialties in industrial contractors, office temporary workers, and permanent employment.
- Address: 6 Stewart Dr, Berea, East London, 5241, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 880 0198
Sectors: agriculture, construction, food manufacturing, hospitality, human resources, international skills sourcing, logistics, manufacturing, mining, office support, power, oil and gas, print media, renewable energy, retail, telecom, and waste management.
Workforce Staffing is a major leader in East London’s staffing industry.
They provide their client’s services in temporary and permanent staffing, staff outsourcing and payroll management, training and skills development, and others.
Their aim is to bring results to the table whether it’s for an employer or a candidate.
- Address: 15B Donald Rd, Vincent, East London, 5217, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 722 5400
Sectors: banking & finance, insurance, ICT, freight and shipping, supply chain & logistics, FMCG, manufacturing, telecommunications, retail, marketing, sales, construction, automotive, mining, electronics, healthcare, energy, legal, accounting, and hospitality.
MPC Recruitment has been providing recruitment services for clients since 1998. Be it temporary, permanent or contract staffing services.
They also do global recruitment, in the Middle East, and in over ten African countries. They also manage businesses’ payroll and recruitment outsourcing.
- Address: 56 Bonza Bay Rd, Beacon Bay North, East London, 5241, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 735 3440
Sectors: personal protective equipment, cleaning services, sports equipment, maintenance, sewing services, truth verification services, and IT services.
Work Africa has been recruiting since 2006 with services in human resources and outsourced payroll, temporary and outsourced labor.
They also provide checks on candidates on behalf of the client like criminal checks, credit checks, ID verification, business background checks, social media checks and a few others.
- Address: 9 Suffolk Rd, Berea, East London
- Phone: 043 702 1000
Charisma Healthcare Solutions
Charisma with approximately 30 years worth of experience in the healthcare field, was formed in 1992 offering nursing solutions.
Since then, they have been consistent in offering quality workers in an ever-changing healthcare sector and in a very competitive industry.
- Address: 10 Kennington Rd, Nahoon, East London, 5210, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 722 3232
Sectors: engineering, IT and technical, construction, clerical, utilities, painting and decorating.
Strategic Placements was founded in 1999 and its growth has been immense in a bid to meet the demands in the recruitment industry.
Their consultants have adequate experience in the business to satisfy every client and candidate’s desire.
- Address: 41 Vincent Rd, Vincent, East London, 5217, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 721 2093
Quest Staffing Solutions
Sectors: Not Specified
Quest Staffing Solutions is one of the top recruitment agencies in South Africa.
They have a database of over 150,000 candidates ready to be placed in 24 to 48 hours.
This is possible because of their experience of over 45 years. They provide temporary and permanent staffing.
- Address: 5 Derby Rd, Berea, East London, 5241, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 726 2523
Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is a top recruitment agency in several countries.
It was founded in 1983 and in 1998, the agency entered South Africa.
Today, they have 21 offices in the country. Globally, they recruit well over 500,000 people yearly.
- Address: Portion 171 of Farm 811 Meisieshalt, East London, 5247, South Africa
- Phone: +27 81 733 4426
Sectors: construction, manufacturing, wholesale and retail, and hospitality.
Colven Group specializes in temporary placements, contract staff, and labor outsourcing.
They have a number of specialist companies as subsidiaries and cater to the growing demand for jobs in East London.
- Address: 5a Smartt Rd, Nahoon, East London, 5210, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 735 1672
Abantu Staffing Solutions
Sectors: All sectors
Abantu Staffing Solutions is one of the best recruitment agencies in East London.
They work with over 350 clients and have a database of over 10,000 candidates to match any given vacancy.
As a business owner, they will help you recruit the best by shortlisting the most qualified for your needs.
- Address: 8 Suffolk Rd, Berea, East London, 5201, South Africa
- Phone: +27 43 721 2299
Nine Tips For Dealing With Recruitment Agencies
- React as soon as possible to a call or email from an agency! Time is very crucial because the agency may be vying with another agency to get their applicants (you) considered by the company before theirs.
- Candidates that are looking for positions that align with their prior work history are preferred by agencies since they are simpler to pitch.
Make sure your resume positions you as the ideal candidate for your desired positions. Making your CV specifically for the position you’re going for is one approach to get around this.
- If you want to change careers, they are unlikely to recommend you unless you can convince them that you are a better prospect than the more obvious candidates.
This is because other applicants with more relevant, direct experience are more likely to help the agency win.
- Agencies receive so many uninteresting-looking, badly organized, and presented CVs that eventually, they all start to resemble one another.
Make sure your CV is as eye-catching as possible to help the agency choose you over the competition.
- Make sure your cover letter properly addresses the issues stated in the job advertisement when submitting an online application to an agency for particular employment.
Like a question on a school test, address each need in turn and explain how you could handle each aspect of the role.
- You should never be required to pay a recruitment agency any money. Anyone who attempts to secure a job for you must do so without paying a fee or commission.
The entertainment and modeling industries are the only exceptions, where they will actively promote you.
- It should go without saying, but only apply for positions you truly desire. Despite the recruiting agent’s strong persuasiveness, resist the urge to choose a job that is not a good fit for you.
If you are nominated for a position that you have no intention of taking, it is a waste of time for everyone involved.
- Be truthful and ensure that all information on your CV, such as grades and job dates, is correct.
Inconsistencies that are discovered by an employer will reflect poorly on the agency, and they might stop recommending you for open positions in the future.
- Prepare a list of your desired salaries and confirm with the agency that they are reasonable; they will have a solid understanding of going rates.
If you follow all the tips we outlined and go with any of the agencies we listed, you will have your success rate in finding a job significantly boosted.
We wish you all the best.