Art schools teach students to learn and master the fundamentals and classic techniques of drawing, painting, sculpture, and even more. Improve your artistic skills by enrolling in an art school to create meaningful personal works.
Art schools in Montreal are recognized for their dynamism and great involvement in the community of students, artists, teachers, and employees.
Art schools in Montreal offer a warm and motivating environment in which students get to explore creativity and realize their passion for art.
The List of Top Art Schools in Montreal
Here is a list of top art schools in Montreal:
Atelier de Brésoles was founded in 2003, and they have been offering intensive training in figurative art to students in the Montreal area.
The school’s program is based on the academic tradition and begins with drawing methods that teach students to draw accurately through continued study of historical techniques of drawing or painting.
Programs offered include:
- Cast Drawing/Drawing From Sculpture
- Life Drawing
- Still Life Painting
- Grisaille Painting
- Landscape Painting
- Anatomical Painting
- Historical Techniques Of Painting
- Ecorche Sculpture
- Historical Techniques Of Drawing Portrait
- Figure Painting
They also offer online classes to students from around the world in programs including:
Drawing After the Old Masters, and this covers:
- Art Historical Approaches
- Construction Techniques.
- Drawing Methods and Materials
- Light and shadow relationship
- Structure Of the Body
The school has skilled instructors that are experts in the arts, and these instructors are in charge of welcoming and teaching students of all levels in a small-group setting.
- Address: 55 rue de Brésoles, Montréal, QC H2Y 1V7 Canada
- Phone: 514-288-3772
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Visual art Centre is a dynamic artistic hub made up of an art school in Montreal, a contemporary gallery, and an arts education outreach program.
They have been part of Montreal’s significant artistic community for over 70 years.
The visual arts center (art school) in Montreal is the largest bilingual independent art school in Canada.
They have over 300 courses offered each year, including a wide variety of media, such as painting, drawing, photography jewelry ceramics textiles, collage, and many more.
They have classes for young children (from 3 years old), teenagers and adults.
Contemporary professional artists guide students of all levels to explore, learn and provide an accessible and high-caliber artistic education, taught with moral ethics and accessibility. They also offer online courses.
In addition, the Visual Arts Center’s McClure Gallery shares the school’s educational mandate by offering regular talks and artist talks that benefit the arts community.
- Address: 350 Victoria Avenue, Montreal (QC) H3Z 2N4
- Tel: 514-488-9558
- Email: email@example.com
- McClure Gallery Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montreal Academy is a certified Art school in Montreal.
The school trains students in Drawing, painting, sculpture, and living models.
Their courses and programs are aimed at beginners as well as advanced students or professionals.
- Art Classes Classic Fundamentals
- Classic drawing lessons
- Classical painting lessons
- Classical sculpture course (clay modeling of human and animal figures)
- Thematic and technical art classes
- Composition of fictional scenes
- Composition of daily life scenes
- Classic drawing course: Traditional and digital application techniques
- Human figure – introduction and modes of construction
- The human figure in motion
- The nude human figure with a live model
- A human figure dressed with a live model
- Human figure -Portrait with a live model
- History of art – The Renaissance
- Traditional and digital application techniques
- Intensive program in classical techniques
- Personalized program
- Private consulting service
- Classes for teenagers
- Courses for children
- Address:6524 rue Saint-Hubert, Montreal (Qc), H2S 2M3 (2nd floor)
- Phone: 514 508-5119 / 514 506-8883
- Email: email@example.com
Dawson College is a large, long-established educational institution in Montreal. Dawson students, faculty, and staff embody a broad spectrum of languages and ethnic origins reflective of the multicultural character of Montreal itself.
This diversity greatly enriches all members of the College community by providing a welcoming and stimulating environment to learn and work.
Students are prepared to assume their role as productive and responsible citizens of the world.
Arts and Culture
- Literature and Communication
- Interactive Media
- Literature or Studio Arts.
- Computer Art and
- The history of art and aesthetics with an emphasis on the cultural and historical context of creation.
Three-year career or technical programs prepare students for the workforce in any chosen field.
There are seven programs in the Applied Arts:
- Interior Design
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Professional Photography
- Professional Theatre
- 3D Animation and Computer Generated Imagery
Click here for Tuition Details.
- Address: Dawson College,3040 Sherbrooke St. W, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3Z 1A4
- Tel: 514 931-8731
Concordia University (Faculty of arts) is Unique in Canada. the Faculty of Fine Arts houses nine departments that offer a range of programs in the visual, performing, cinematic, design, digital, and therapeutic arts.
As a next-generation university, Concordia sets its sights further and more broadly.
They align the quality of learning opportunities to larger trends and substantial challenges facing society.
- Address: 1515 Ste. Catherine St. West, EV 2.705, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1M8
- Phone: 514-848-2424
The University of Montreal offers about 600 study programs and inclusive arts programs.
- The History Of Art
- Arts Creation And Technologies
- Arts And Sciences
- Address: 2900, boul. Edouard-Montpetit, Montreal (Quebec) H3T 1J4, CANADA
- Phone: (514) 343-6111
7. ARTRA Art School (Alberta’s Academy Of Realist Art)
The ARTRA Art School provides a nurturing atmosphere where people of all ages can receive high-quality art instruction from professionals.
Classes are small and this allows instructors to provide the best in individual attention and personal guidance.
Each instructor at The ARTRA Art School is known for their passion and commitment to upholding the highest standards in art instruction.
The Artra Art School offers courses for beginners, intermediates and advanced level students who want to explore drawing and painting with a focus on realism.
The range of mediums that are taught includes graphite or pencil, color pencil, watercolor, oil, and acrylic.
- Address: Alberta’s Academy Of Realist Art, 1500IIA – 118 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Syn Studio
Syn Studio is an art school in Montreal that specializes in teaching concept art and illustration for the entertainment industry.
Since 2007, they have been helping amateur and professional artists take their art to the next level through 10-week drawing, painting, concept art, and illustration classes as well as Full-Time Programs.
They also offer online art classes to help aspiring artists from around the world in their journey toward achieving artistic mastery.
They offer art degrees and programs in:
- Online Concept Art Program
- Concept art Diploma
- Illustration and comic-making
This also features live class instruction (in EDT time), access to recorded videos, and personalized feedback from the instructor.
- Address: 460 Rue Ste Catherine West, #504, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1A7, Canada.
- Phone: 514-998-7625
The Montreal School of Fine Arts (EBAMA – École Des Beaux-Arts De Montreal) was established in 1999.
They have built excellence in the field of classical painting and drawing even as a non-profit institution.
EBAMA offers professional training in the visual arts in the tradition of the great European art schools.
The quality of its programs, and its competence over the years, contributed to building a good reputation.
The Montreal School of Fine Arts (EBAMA) offers drawing courses and painting courses based on the classical teaching method.
The School offers a multitude of visual arts programs: live model, plastic arts, mixed media, printmaking, as well as outdoor workshops, art history lectures, and plastic arts courses for children.
The Montreal School of Fine Arts aims to develop its student’s solid technical knowledge in painting and academic drawing, as well as creative abilities that meet the high demands of contemporary art.
The work of students is distinguished by its in-depth technical quality and by an exceptional level of creativity.
- Plastic Arts
- Engraving and printmaking
- Rapid progression workshops
- The history of art
- Courses for children
- Living model
- Specialized courses
- Mixed techniques
- Summer courses
- Internships abroad
- Correspondence courses
- Sculpture And Modeling
- Oil And Acrylic Painting
Click here to get information about Fee schedules and Registration.
- Address: 4395 rue Papineau, Montreal (Quebec), H2H 1T7.
- Tel: 514 277 0513
- Cell: 514 898 4179
- Email: email@example.com
10. Cathay Mus’Art
Cathay Mus’Art is an internationally recognized educational enrichment school that offers after-school, evening, and weekend programs and summer camps to elementary and middle school students.
They aim to cultivate students’ artistic expression, intellectual development, and leadership potential.
A perfect program to start for young beginners and older kids.
- Visual Arts
This covers drawing, painting, and sculpture for the fun of creation. Students are taught to imagine and express themselves.
These classes are for both children, teens and adults, from beginners to advanced.
- After School
Homework Assistance (French, Math, English, History, science…) Reading practice, Writing, and Mathematics. Daily activities (art, music, sport…)
This is a robotics class where children are given a unique educational experience that will challenge and excite them.
This covers music class and lessons
Exam training. Rapid and steady improved reading, writing, and math skills.
- Address: 201# & 208#, 3177 Rue SAINT-JACQUES, MONTRÉAL QC. H4C1G7
- Phone:514-662-5138 / 514-806-0299
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an art school in Montreal founded in 1959 by Jean-Paul Morin in the LaSalle borough of Montréal.
LaSalle College is a subsidized private post-secondary educational institution.
They provide professional, college, and pre-university training, and are recognized as the largest bilingual college in North America.
Over the years LaSalle College of arts in Montreal has continually trained and inspired students in arts.
They offer Fashion, Arts and Design Programs, these include:
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Styling
- Technical Clothing Designer | AEC
- Professional Creative Photography | AEC
Arts & Communication:
- Business Management – Creative Industries Management | DEC
- Arts, Literature, and Communication – Arts | DEC
- Media Strategies and Advertising | AEC
- Event Planning and management AEC
- Professional Creative Photography | AEC
- Social Media Strategy | AEC
Beauty & Body Care
- Hairdressing | DEP
- Aesthetic | DEP
- Artistic Makeup – Fashion and Beauty
- Manicures, Pedicures, and Artificial Nails
- Design & Multimedia
- Professional Creative Photography | AEC
- Video Editing | AEC
- Multimedia Integration | Online AEC
- Graphic Design | AEC
- Computer Graphics | DEP
- Address: 2000, Sainte-Catherine Street West, Montréal, Québec, H3H 2T2
- Phone: 514 939-2006
- Toll-free: 1 800 363-3541
Is it worth going to art school?
Yes, it is worth going to an art school even with great artistic talent. Art schools offer a unique learning experience for students passionate about arts.
Art schools provide an environment conducive to producing art, students are taught the basics of art and are also exposed to different forms of creativity even as they learn and interact with people of like minds.
Are you flowing with creativeness? Is your crafts or artistic skills highly developed, and do you have a vast passion for culture, fashion, art, design, or beauty?
Then, enrol in an art school to gain expertise professionally for your skill.
Art schools in Montreal offer many facets of the fashion, art and design industry and help students begin a journey to an exciting career in these fields.
This article contains a list of top art schools in Montreal, carefully go through it and find an art school that fits your craft.
What are your thoughts about these Art Schools in Maryland? Please share your thoughts with us in the comment section.