Art and culture sustain the creative spirit and It is a fact that Creative people see things differently. Over the years art has proven to make life more enjoyable for all.
Arts brings people together, both young and old, promoting a community that embraces creative expression, dialogue, and learning.
Art schools in Miami encourage creative minds to meet people with the same interest and engage in fun art sessions.
Art schools in Miami represent a cultural enrichment to the community, and truly believe that the only road to freedom is through education and culture.
The List of Top Art Schools in Miami
Art as a luxury for any advanced civilization is a necessity and without it, creative intellects will fade away and die. Here is a list of top art schools in Miami. THIS LIST IS NOT ARRANGED IN ORDER OF THE BEST. They are simply top schools you should have on your list while choosing an art school.
Miami Fine Arts Academy is an art school in Miami established In 2009. They have helped thousands of students begin and continue on their artistic journey. This is one of the largest performing arts schools in Miami and offers a variety of art classes.
They go above and beyond to find professional music, art, and dance teachers in the Miami area, for students of all ages and all levels, from Toddlers to adults
Miami Fine Arts Academy offers programs in:
- Piano Lessons
- Guitar Lessons
- Violin Lessons
- Drums Lessons
- Voice Lessons
- Hip-Hop Classes
- Jazz Classes
Mixed Media Art Classes
- Drawing Classes
- Ballet Classes
- Mommy and Me Ballet Classes
- Address:3191 Coral Way, Suite 104, Miami, FL 33145
- T 786-615-2269
- Phone: 786.464.0566
- Email: email@example.com
Art Classes in Wynwood was created in 2007 and it all started as an art educational space. The school believes in art as a window of expression and as a daily therapeutic tool.
Art Classes in Wynwood teach all media, from painting to drawing, sculpture, photography, etc.
For kids and adults regardless of their ability or disability. The school also offers art exhibitions every three months to increase the confidence and self-esteem of students.
Staff is experienced, bilingual, and certified.
Adult Art Classes
- Painting Class For Adults: this covers Acrylic painting, & oil painting techniques taught in the class.
- Mixed Media Art Workshop: In any mixed media artwork, different mediums and materials are employed.
- College: This is a 2-D artwork. Any painting or drawing material can be combined into mixed media: charcoal, pastels, acrylic/oil paint, watercolor, ink, etc.
Students learn how to create monotypes, how to transfer a photo, and how to work with cold wax.
- Assemblage is a 3D construction combining any kind of found object.
- Adults’ Sculpture In Clay Classes.
- Adult Online Classes are offered as well with pre-recorded sessions.
- Adult mosaic classes for beginners available by request in both locations.
Children & Teens Art Classes. This includes:
- Painting in acrylic on canvas
- Sculpture in clay & drawing
- Portfolio Preparation for Middle & High School kids
- Address: 151 NW 36 ST. MIAMI FL 33127Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Florida International University[Department of Arts]
The FIU Art + Art History Department provides a sanctuary for the development of new visions, ideas, and techniques.
The school provides many opportunities for each student, even as they work in a wide variety of disciplines acquiring basic and advanced skills while exploring a wide range of new possibilities.
FIU Students go through a rigorous program of study which includes studio practice, and theoretical and pedagogical training.
Students of Art History will learn the research methodology, theory, and criticism necessary for careers in contemporary practice.
The FIU Art + Art History Department and all degree programs are fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
The Department of Art + Art History offers an
- The Academy of Portrait & Figurative Art consists of a Classical Art Atelier with Courses in Drawing & Painting.
- Academy of Portrait & Figurative Art
- A Classical Art Atelier in Drawing & Painting
The Department of Art + Art History offers the following certificates:
- Undergraduate Certificate in Portrait and Figurative Art
- Graduate Certificate in Portrait and Figurative Art
- Address: Viernes Haus Building, 11200 SW 8th Street – VH 216 Miami, Florida 33199
- PH: 305-348-2897 | Fx: 305-348-0513
- E-Mail: email@example.com
The Miami Art Club is a non-profit organization that provides affordable art classes and promotes the fine Arts in the Miami community.
It was founded in 1988 by a group of professional artists and up to date over 1000 art enthusiasts of all ages have received art instruction and mentoring at this institution.
- Plain Art Workshop
- Introduction to Abstract Painting Workshop
- Palette Knife Painting
- Figure Drawing Workshop
- Portrait Drawing and Painting
Classes at the Miami art club are supervised by professional artists. Miami Art Club’s members can choose their schedule, instructor, and medium, and can display their work at the collective exhibitions of the school’s studio’s gallery.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 305-310 6813
Miami International University of Art & Design is one of the top Art schools in Miami. Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
- Visual Design
- Interior Design
- Animation & Effects
- Film & Production
Click here for Tuition And Aid details.
- Address: 1501 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33132-1418
- Phone: 800.225.9023
Devita Academy of Arts in Miami offers classes in Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Fashion Design, and Portfolio Development, for all levels and ages 8 and up!.
Painting classes have a prerequisite of a Drawing sequence.
Click on this link for Tuition details.
- Address: 5400 S University Drive, Suite 105, Davie, FL 33328
- Phone: (954)798-6413
- Email: info@DVAART.com
Miami Arts Charter School is an art school in Miami that strives to create an inspiring environment that sparks curiosity in all students while developing intellectually and creatively.
Through the arts, the school acknowledges opportunities for students to explore and experiment with how they learn and exist within the expressive world.
Additionally, the school’s arts curriculum seeks to further the goals of creating naturally inspired learners by allowing students to declare an art specialty that taps their sense of creative exploration.
Miami Arts Charter School is accredited by AdvancEd and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Creative Writing
- Visual Arts
- Internships And
- Advanced programs
Students are taught by a highly-qualified staff of professionals and educators.
- Address: 95 Northwest 23rd Street, Miami, FL 33127
- Phone: (305) 763-6257
- Email: email@example.com
Miami International Fine Arts is committed to the integral education of its community through inspiring creative expression in people of all ages.
MIFA’s mission is to gather, engage, inspire and strengthen artists. From multidisciplinary classes that include drawing and painting, to programs and events.
They have an incredible roster of instructors who are impressive artists and creative experts.
MIFA’s drawing and painting classes offer top-level instruction in realistic painting and drawing.
- Mixed Media
- Academia del Tatuaje
- Address: 5900 nw 74 ave Miami Fl
- Phone: 3054700009
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Art Shack Miami is an art school in Miami that offers different kinds of creative classes with student-focused teachers.
They offer classes for every age including adults, children, teens, and toddlers 2 and up.
- Creative classes(3-4year olds). Three and Four-year-olds explore and discover all sorts of materials through play with cardboard constructions, clay, paint, and experiments with sensory materials
- Little art makers (2-year-olds and parents). Two-year-olds discover all sorts of materials through age-appropriate play with cardboard, clay, paint, and simple science experiments with their parents.
- Multi Art For Children (4 years to 10 years). Kids art classes for ages 4 to 10 are engaged with sculpture, painting, ceramics, mixed media, drawing, installations, group, and individual works.
- Teen creative Studio. Pre-teens and Teens of similar ages are engaged with all sorts of materials for sculpture, painting, ceramics, mixed media, drawing, installations, group, and individual works.
- Cartoon & Comic: The class explores many different styles such as superheroes, comic books, manga, anime, chibis, Disney and much more.
- Painting, Drawing, Pottery, Sculpture. Students are offered an open studio atmosphere to relax and work on their media of choice and explore ideas. The teacher guides and inspects, and motivates them through dialogue and the development of concepts.
- Focus Studio is a class for preteens and teens that are committed to art on a long-term basis. Skills to be Unlocked: Still Life study, Figure Drawing, Self-portraiture, Familiarity with different Mediums, Sketchbook Development, Developing concepts, and Photography.
Tuition: The registration Fee is $100 per year for uninterrupted classes.
- Address: 9831 Northwest 58th Street #145, Doral, FL 33178, USA
- Phone: 786.664.8893
- Email: email@example.com
Miami School of Arts Empowers young minds into great artists. They offer Adult lessons, Advanced classes, Beginner’s classes, Intermediate classes, Private lessons, and Youth classes in programs such as:
- Address: 4661 SW 71 Ave, Miami, Fl 33155
- Phone: (786) 477-5575
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine Arts Academy of Miami is an art enrichment provider that teaches foundational art techniques with a focus on creative problem-solving and real-world topics.
They are focused on making a positive impact on the next generation and also to foster empathy and creativity in the youth of today and making the world a better place tomorrow.
With a team of dedicated and experienced instructors, they bring passion and energy to every class that they teach and are also committed to creating a memorable experience for every child!
- Art careers and Design Thinking
- Cultural Diversity and Awareness
- Wildlife and Habitat Conversion
Imagine Arts Academy aims to inspire children through art by developing their creativity and critical thinking.
- Address: 7251 NE 2nd Ave., Unit 110, Miami, 33138
- Phone: 786-944-3073
- Email: email@example.com
12. ICA Miami (Institute Of Contemporary Art)
ICA Miami believes contemporary art can help develop critical thinking skills and offers advanced educational programming for diverse audiences.
Through an energetic calendar of exhibitions and programs and its collection, the ICA Miami provides an important international platform for the work of local, emerging, and under-recognized artists, and advances the public appreciation and understanding of the most innovative art of our time.
- Online Learning & Resources
- Youth Programs
- Community Engagement
- Volunteers + Internships
- Address: 305 901 firstname.lastname@example.org NE 41st Street Miami, FL 33137
The University of Miami was established in 1925. There is an intriguing array of music, theatre, film, and visual arts at the University of Miami. Classical performances and cutting-edge premieres, as well as thought-provoking lectures, exhibits, and films, are among the more than 500 events each year that reflect the University’s youthful spirit and multicultural vibrancy. They offer a variety of art programs.
- Address: Coral Gables, FL 33124
- Phone: 305-284-2211
Is Miami A Nice Place For Artists?
Miami is the perfect place for a young artist. Miami is recognized as one of the artistically adventurous cities in the world.
It has very perfect and beautiful scenery and this is more than just long beautiful beaches or unending night.
Art is appreciated and professional artists are welcomed and celebrated even more.
Does The University Of Miami Offer Good Art Programs?
The University of Miami is one of the art schools in Miami that nurtures creativity and originality through 50 internationally acclaimed art degree programs.
With talented faculty and student artists driving innovation through imaginative explorations and modes of expression.
Are you an aspiring or professional artist? Do you want to try something new or develop your skills further? You can explore drawing, website development, photography, and even much more as an artist.
Art schools in Miami play a central role for each student to learn through activities and things such as exhibits, programs and events, teamwork, and even more.