Searching for some secret talent examples? We have listed some and stated how you can discover and improve your talent. A secret talent is something you do so well, better than anyone else. It might also be something you found out you can do that others can’t.
Truth is that almost every talent has a duplicate, but the way you do yours matters a lot. Even when talent is discovered for the first time ever, people will most likely learn the talent and then it becomes very common.
I have seen a TV show where a man made a musical instrument out of a hair comb and it sounded so wonderful, now that is a secret talent. But he goes on to teach it to a large audience and it becomes not so secret anymore.
Talents are made so that they can be replicated for the benefit of humanity. But if you want to set yourself apart from the rest of the crowd, what do you do? I will tell you in a bit.
What makes a talent so special and amazing is the amount of effort put into such talent, the passion and the way one does his/her thing. People fall in love with the process more than the result of the process.
They love seeing people be in love with what they do and trying to live every moment of it. That is the passion, that is the drive. When you do something in a way that no one else does, it becomes extra special.
How to Find Your Secret Talent
If you want to know your secret talents, here are the best ways to identify them.
Try new things
If you keep staying within the confinements of what you know, you might not discover that special thing you do well.
When you try different things, you challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
Each time you try a new activity, sport or passion, make sure to write it down. Ask yourself how you performed and rate yourself.
When you do this, you will be able to tell between your strong points and weak points.
What makes you happy?
This is easy, right? But you need to really think hard, even little details that you sometimes miss, and try to think of what lit up your face in the most beautiful way. Then write it down, so you don’t forget.
Journal your life
Ever think of writing about your daily experiences? If not, then you should start writing.
Doing this will help you discover the truth about yourself. This will also test your honesty because to be able to discover yourself and your abilities, you need to stay true to yourself.
The List of Secret Talent Examples- Discover Your Talent
- 1. Public Speaking: This is a talent that is very much needed in society.
This talent is for people who know their way with words. They can create sensational speeches that leave the audience spellbound.
- 2. Leadership: A good number of people do not know that this is a talent.
It takes a very committed and selfless person to lead. There are just some people who naturally command respect from other people.
These are the people that make others get things done in good spirits.
- 3. Financial skills: some people have the ability to manage money efficiently. It is a core talent that makes the best Accountants and financial advisors.
- 4. Endurance: This talent shows how much patience a person has. And some people can take a lot of stress more than others.
- 5. Teaching: Not everyone is an excellent teacher. Some people have the ability to break up concepts into bits for other people for easy understanding.
- 6. Spotting Errors: Having an eye for detail is also a very important talent. This is one talent that most people often overlook as ordinary but it is very much special.
- 7. Brainstorming: Are you that person who does not just seem to run out of ideas? This talent is very special and useful to society.
- 8. Researching: Most people are better researchers than the average person. They have the ability to go to the deepest to find the information they seek, and have fun while doing it.
- 9. Decision making: Do you know that some people are just so good at analyzing situations and making the best decisions?
If you are under this category of people, then congratulations!!! You just found your secret talent.
- 10. Risk-taking: Being adventurous is a very special talent. You see those heroes who jump into a fire or a deep hole to rescue someone, they have that superpower.
Other Secret talent examples are:
- Ability to speak several languages
- Playing instruments
- Leadership skills
- Voice artist
- Colors combination
- Extreme creativity
- Attention to sound
- Imaginative thinking: Ability to create a beautiful storyline
- Baking and pastry
- Ambidexterity – ability to use your left and right hand perfectly especially in writing
- Soap carving
- Flipping items—jiggling items
- Reviewing things
- Animal care
- Figure skating
- Fast reader
- Hand lettering
- Ice skating
- Jet skiing
- Pet sitting
- Nail art
- Mathematical intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Emotional intelligence
- Rational thought
- Crystallized intelligence – ability to learn from previous situations.
- Design thinking
- Fluid intelligence—ability to think from all angles.
- Relationship building—good at making friends.
- Introspection – Ability to determine your state of mind and analyze your emotions.
- Kinesthetic intelligence – Ability to process information using objects example using dance to tell a story.
- Divergent thinking – Exploring ideas by thinking from different angles.
- Ambiguity and forecasting – predicting situations.
- Personal resilience
- Data literacy – Ability to manage figures and facts
- Fast reader
- Playing different musical instruments
- Magic tricks
- Emotional control
- Flipping items
- Brain teasers
- Bullet journaling
- Canvas art
- Wall painting
- Sketch drawing
- Cross stitch
- House Decoration
- Miniatures design
How to Use Your Secret Talent
So, you have figured out your talent and you want to make use of it? Do this simple thing to start making use of it.
Find out what problems are in your community. Identify different problems in your community and think of ways to solve them with your talent. Even if your talent put smiles on people’s face, it is solving a problem.
Think of ways to use your talent to solve problems. Once you have identified the problem in your community, then the next thing to do is to fix your talent somewhere and provide help.
No matter how irrelevant your special talent is, it has usefulness somewhere.
Volunteering. Volunteering can also help you discover where to fix your talent.
When you volunteer to be part of a community project, you will get the opportunity to see different applications of your talent.
How to Improve Your Secret Talent
Do you know that having that talent is not enough? If you leave your talent without using it and trying to improve on it, you might just wake up one day and discover you don’t have any talent anymore.
Here are some ways to make your talent better
Keep using your talent to solve problems. Look for opportunities where you can make use of them, keep practicing and working on them.
Identify parts that you need to work on or specific areas that need more attention.
When you find them, you can write them down and start working on them.
Writing them down can help you monitor your progress and how far you have come. Each time you feel you are getting better; you write it down until you are happy with the progress.
Researching your talent can help you learn different ways to improve yourself.
You can make a survey and ask people specific questions to get an honest answer.
Doing activities that keep you inspired can also help you improve your talents. Staying inspired will propel you to keep working on your talents.