Canada Visa Requirements for Nigeria
Are you planning a move to Canada, you will need a visa. Here are the visa types you might be needing:
|Visa types||Validity||Processing time||Multiple Entries|
|Student’s Permit||Duration of study+90 days||38 days||Yes|
|Business Visa||six months||38 days||Yes|
|Work permit||24 months||12 weeks||Yes|
Read more about Visa Processing time.
List of the Canada Visa Requirements
Are you applying for any of the aforementioned Visa types, here is a list of the documents you will be needing:
- Letter of Invitation
- International Passport
- Passport Photograph(2 color passport photographs on a white background)
- Previous Passports showing travel history, if any.
- Proof of sufficient Funds(6 months bank statement)
- Explanation on the purpose of your trip
- Proof of ties to your home country(Evidence of assets/property ownership, employment letter etc)
- Completed Visa Forms
- Proof of Visa application fee
- Evidence of good health
- Evidence of accommodation(or hotel accommodation)
These additional documents are required depending on the type of visa:
- If you’re not paying for the trip, letters from the sponsor(institution/person) are needed together with a proof that they have sufficient funds and a copy of their passport
- Your Nigerian passport must have a six months validity and at least two blank pages. You must know that Canadian Visas are not issued longer than the validity on your Nigerian/international passport.
- Evidence of flight booking and travel itineraries.
- A self-addressed return courier envelop.
- Additional Documents, if any. (Marriage certificates, Children’s birth certificates, Family pictures, invitation letters etc)
- Under 18(minors) will be needing authorization signed by both parents or legal guardians
- Visiting a family member or travelling for business? an invitation letter detailing nature of visit, length of stay, host person/business details.
- Letter of introduction from employer to the Canadian Deputy high Commission requesting visa including copy of work ID card(for people traveling for a conference)
- Attending a conference? you need to provide documents proving registration and accreditation to attend the conference .
- Letter of introduction from the institute in Nigeria(if being sponsored by an institute)
NOTE: All documents are to be submitted in photocopy, except bank statements and introduction letters. There could be additional required documents however.