When it comes to fashion schools in Turkey and studying fashion design in general, universities in Turkey offer either two or four years of undergraduate education.
Most students decide to go to Istanbul – the Fashion Capitol of Turkey and the middle-eastern-area as their destination for Fashion and Textile Design studies.
Of course, Turkey has a top destination for students, when it comes to competitive top-ranked universities.
Just as you know, fashion designers plan, create and develop clothing. Fashion designers also orient themselves to current needs, trends, and most importantly, they connect buyers and manufacturers. Read on to see the fashion schools in Turkey.
About Studying Fashion Design in Turkey
The fashion industry in Turkey is in constant development and the designers have to adapt to that.
Therefore, new technologies and factors that change the society such as sustainable or organically produced fashion, require increased awareness, flexibility, and decision-making confidence.
For international students, according to globalacademia.com, Turkey is one of the most chosen destinations to study Fashion Design.
The List of Fashion Schools in Turkey & Their Fees
- Altinbas University (Bachelor’s Degree)-$8.500
- Atilim University (Bachelor’s Degree)-$9.165
- Baskent University (Bachelor’s Degree)-60.000 TL
- Halic University (Associate Degree)-$3.000
- Istanbul Bilgi University (Associate Degree)-$2.200
- Istanbul Aydin University (Bachelor’s Degree)-$6.000
- Istanbul Gelisim University (Associate Degree)-$7.000
- Istanbul Okan University (Bachelor’s Degree)-$4.900
- Maltepe University (Associate Degree)-$5.000
- Nisantasi University (Bachelor’s Degree)-$4.000
More About Fashion Schools in Turkey
The fashion design courses in Turkey also consist of theoretical lectures and seminars.
Sometimes scientific works will be sometimes a part of your education. Some of the things you will learn while taking fashion design courses in Turkey are:
- Sociology of Fashion
- History of clothing and design
- Design theory
- Fashion display
- Visual communication
- Material technology
- Digitalization of sections
- Creative construction systems
- Pattern construction
- Product Management
In conclusion, if you have a penchant for creativity and an eye for aesthetics then the fashion career option is for you.
This career path will allow creative ideas to flow through your mind. If you feel like you have a unique sense of fashion, then trust me, it is time to come and shine. All the best.