FUTO CENTER FOR ENTREPRENUEURAL STUDIES (CES)
Before now Universities are more interested in the academic activities that go on in class and students reproducing whatever they were taught in class.
Students grew to form the habit of thinking about only their cgpa without thinking about after-school life or without thinking on expanding their knowledge base.
In FUTO those days it was always about engine drawing and assignments. The stressful pattern of the school only makes the student think about how to pass examinations alone.
Then the Federal Government of Nigeria the the Nigerian Universities commission birthed a vision which was to establish entrepreneurship study centers in Nigerian Universities.
This vision with promote the entrepreneurship culture among students and in turn have the issue of unemployment among Nigerian graduates and youths settled/addressed.
Federal University of Technology Owerri has recently launched it’s center for Entrepreneurial studies. And in recent times has taken to the expansion of the courses and trainings offered in that center. This center has been in existence since the year 2008.
At this center, everything is practical based and with the recent provision of a 100KVA power generator, the various workshop equipment can be operated and then the production of manuals for the workshop practice made quite easy.
WHY WAS THE FUTO CENTER FOR ENTREPRENUEURAL STUDIES ESTABLISHED?
The main aim for the establishment of this Center is to develop a sustainable entrepreneurship culture among students through an effective and dynamic entrepreneurial coaching and training.
Also to instil into students the importance of skill acquisition and to drive lecturers into teaching skills that has over the years been taken for granted.
In the light of that, there is expected to be hunt for talents among students and in the end develop such beneficial talents that will be very useful to the school and humanity at large and in turn reduce the high level of unemployment and social ills.
FUTO CENTER FOR ENTREPRENUEURAL STUDIES FEES FOR SKILL ACQUISITION TRAINING
READ ALSO: ACTUAL FUTO SCHOOL FEES AND ACCEPTANCE FEES
|1||FASHION AND DESIGN||2||10,000|
|4||INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DECORATION||1||5,000|
|5||FRUIT DRINK MAKING||1||5,000|
|7||HEAD GEAR/GELE, MAKE UP||1||5,000|
|8||HAT AND FASCINITATO||1||10,000|
|9||SOAP/ DETERGENT/ DETOL MAKING||1||10,000|
|10||SALON AND HAIR DRESSING||3||10,000|
The center for entrepreneurial studies recently is partnering with departments like Food science and technology towards the production of things like bread.
OTHER COURSES TO WATCH OUT FOR AT FUTO CENTER FOR ENTREPRENUEURAL STUDIES
- SHOE AND BAG MAKING
- CHIN CHIN PRODUCTION
- OTHER IT BASED TRAININGS
- WEB DESIGN AND HOSTING
- SOLAR ENERGY TRAINING
- SATELIGHT DISH INSTALLATION
and so much more. Visit the center today and get yourself enrolled while you pursue that degree.
FUTO CENTER FOR ENTREPRENUEURAL STUDIES OBJECTIVES
In the interest to increase self employment and and job creation, in order to reduce today’s high level of unemployment in the country it’s major objectives are:
- To instil into students and the required entrepreneurial mindset of self dependence and wealth creation.
- To give FUTO students the opportunity meet to skilled and practicing local craftsmen and other people in relevant areas who will expose them to the rudiments of creating career and related jobs.
- To provide Consultancy services in collaboration with the |University’s relevant organs to organizations, institutions and corporate bodies.
- To provide training and retraining, long term and short term courses as well as seminars and workshops to individuals and other institutions and organizations.
- To offer trainings , short-term proficiency certificates as well as degree programs.
- To develop the connecting community networks of business men , educators and professionals in and outside FUTO’s catchment areas.
Do you have any questions concerning this article, send me a dm on whatsapp.